BENEFITS OF READING KIDS STORY BOOKS develop's early language skills
The moment the child is born knowingly or unknowingly we mommies tend to start talking to them right!? In those squeaky voice, we start expressing everything with them and all that they do is see our face with those wide bright eyes and do their coo's!! How sweet!
Talking to them right from the beginning helps them to understand various sounds and the expression involved in those sounds too! Talking with babies and children from birth is important because it builds their language and communication skills. These are important skills for life. Talking with them doesn’t have to be a big deal – just chatting about everyday things is a great start.
Reading kids books and kids story books to your baby from birth helps your baby to know that this is when you enjoy a quiet, special time together. Board books with colorful pictures are more attractive to them! They start flipping pages and have a closer look at those colorful images and will keenly listen to you reading it aloud to them!. Use your finger and point to the image and name the pictures in the book and repeat few times.
Talk about the pictures in kids books, express out loud what might happen next in the kids story, point out words and letters, and let them touch and hold the book and turn the pages. You can even make up your own child stories too!
As parents, we should help our child to learn from those kids books, and reading books are fun. It should be like the special time you get to spend with the child and zero distraction! You can do this by having a special reading place, making cuddles part of book reading time, and letting your child choose some books even if you have to read the same ones over and over again!
Popular Posts on HiveParenting
There are various benefits of reading books to your child:
- Studies show that early reading books with children help them learn to speak, interact, bond with parents, and read early themselves!
- Reading books not just about better language skills. Talking with your babies helps their brains develop and can help children do better at school when they’re older.
- Reading books helps children to become expressive and aware of what is happening in their surroundings!
- Book reading makes children independent and confident to face the circumstances!
- A good reader will eventually be a good listener as well which helps in problem-solving!
- The more we read to children, the more they get introduced to new words and sounds which will help them to be more reactive!
- Reading books helps to improve their understanding ability, identifying various shapes, words and numbers faster!
- Reading always helps in gaining age-appropriate knowledge!
- It helps in creating a gadget-free atmosphere for them and aids in mind-full presence!
- Reading improves their imagination and also helps them calm and wind down!
Lastly, let’s not forget that reading is like dreaming with open eyes! You can find magic wherever you look and the more that you read, the more things you will know!
So, never stop reading! Read few minutes each day with your child... let the magic happen
I'm Priya, a mommy blogger by passion who likes to pen down her experiences and share a very little about parenting that she knows to the rest of the world!
Being a mom of twin girls, I'm always in search for some tasty recipes, toddler activities and healthy lifestyle ideas. Motherhood for me is to relive my entire life in a new way having my girls by my side..