Travelling with one or more kids can be a daunting experience as we have to face challenges such as unpredictable changes in the schedules, lots of packing and unpacking, cranky kids and so on.
But based on my experience, I feel that we should always leave our children to enjoy every single moment while travelling as we are creating lovely memories with them! Why spoil the whole thing by being moody right!?
- So here are few tips that you can follow to make this entire experience of traveling with more kids/siblings a little more pleasantable:
- 1. Have a detailed packing list for each kid so that you don't miss out any of their essentials. This list can be in your book or better if you make it on your phone notes!
- 2. Pre book the tickets and allot seats for every kid: When they are given their own space they will be occupied better hence avoiding any quarrels.
- 3. Pack separate busy bags for each kid that consists of their favorite toys, puzzles or mind games that keep them busy for some time!
- 4. Don’t forget to have a count on the number of suitcases, backpacks and handbags that you are carrying along, so that you don’t miss out the bags in hurry while handling your kids!
- 5. Divide the responsibility and ask another person to take care of all the important stuffs such as tickets, ID proofs and so on.
- 6. If you have picky eaters, make sure you also pack some staple food for them and do your research on where you can find foods that they like! Having lots of healthy snack options in hand is going to save you a lot of time and money!
- 7.. Book hotels/airbnb's prior so that you don't have to go through the hassle of finding a place to stay with tired kids! Do your research and find a suitable place to stay that serves your purpose and has some sort of entertainment areas for your kids as well.
- 8. If your kids are old enough then set up the limitations strictly! Give them a time slot wherein they can use their social media and after that they need to do their educational activities!
- 9. Don’t forget to carry a first aid kit along with you which has all the essentials required according to the age group of your kids! Keep staples such as paracetamol,, nasal drops, sanitisers, band aids and so on!
- 10. Make it more interesting for kids by planning something exciting for them once you reach your destination! May be taking them to some amusement parks/water parks or to a nearby mall!
Mommies, take it slow and enjoy the moment! I know it gets tiring and irritating at times but as usual always tell yourself that " This too shall pass" and live in the moment and take everything that you can out of it Enjoy travelling and explore more along with your kids! Have fun.
I'm Priya, a mommy blogger by passion who likes to pen down her experiences and share a very little about parenting that she knows to the rest of the world!
Being a mom of twin girls, I'm always in search for some tasty recipes, toddler activities and healthy lifestyle ideas. Motherhood for me is to relive my entire life in a new way having my girls by my side..
Share your Story
We encourage you to share your story on Hive parenting.com. .Writing on Hive parenting today, we are very excited to read your stories. Hiveparenting editorial team reviews each article and make necessary changes and publish it on the portal. Contributing articles to the HIVE PARENTING platform is a personal choice.