Preschool July Month Events and Celebration Guide
July Month Celebration and Event Manual
This month is the theme for "COLOURS" which includes the following list of manual for the July Month :
1. List of Events
3.Take Away Ideas
4.Feild Trip Ideas
Guru Purnima In Preschool
Guru Purnima or Guru Puman (Guru Poonam) is festival celebrated on Ashadh month of Hindu calendar (fall in the month of June or July of English calendar.) Guru Purnima is two words, Guru + Purnima, Guru means Teacher and Purnima or Poonam is the day of the month of full moon.
It is celebrated in memory of the Gurus who has contributed their life long knowledge to their shishya (students) without any price of the teaching. Guru Poornima is celebrated in memory of Vyasa Muni who born on this day, who has written great Mahabharat and other Puranas
Guru Purnima is our ancient teachers’ day. The teacher has to explain the importance of Guru Purnima.
Nursery Class- Teacher can give butterfly cut-out to children for coloring and once finished it can be stuck on the chart paper.
Alternatively children can also stick some leaves and flower on the black chart paper and children can draw on the chart using chalk to give board look to the card
For Junior KG and Senior KG children teacher has to give ¼ part of A4 paper to draw and write thank you and name of the child. Teacher can write sentences and draw card on board for the child’s reference.
INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY
For Jr and Sr kg child, Teacher has to prepare child so he/she can talk about tiger during special assembly or event.
INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY FACTS:
Here are some facts which child has to prepare :-
• Tiger is our(INDIA) national animal.
• The tiger is the biggest species of the cat family.
• Tiger lives in the den and their child called as CUB
• There are a different type of tigers according to there living place like the Sumatran Tiger, Siberian Tiger, Bengal Tiger, South China Tiger, Malayan Tiger and Indochinese Tiger.
• And so Every tiger in the world is unique – no two tigers have the same pattern of stripes.
• Tigers can reach a length of up to 3.3 meters (11 feet) and weigh as much as 300 kilograms.
• Tigers are carnivores, eating only meat.
• A group of tigers is known as an ‘ambush’ or ‘streak’.
• Tigers are good swimmers and can swim up to 6 kilometers
• The white tiger is rare tiger the ratio is 1 in 10000 only.
• The footprints of a tiger are known as ‘pug marks’.
• The average lifespan of a wild tiger is 10 - 15 years.
• You can hear a tiger's roar from up to two miles away. Tiger vocalizations include roaring, growling, hissing, moaning and chuffing.
• Tigers are generally nocturnal hunters.
• A tiger's hind legs are longer than its front legs, giving them the ability to leap forward 20 - 30 feet in one jump.
• Tigers are a keystone species. They're integral to the health of the ecosystems in which they live.
• As apex predators, they keep prey species under control. This protects the vegetation which in turn maintains the integrity of streams, forests, and croplands that provide people around the world with clean air, water, food and financial benefits.
INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY: TAKE AWAY
I am Tiger mask...
1. White and orange chart
2. Long ice cream stick
3. Black chart
• Teacher has to Cut white and orange chart in big circle.
• For ears triangle can be cut and pasted later or while cutting the circle cut ears from same chart.
• Cut black chart in triangle shape to paste as strip on tiger or teacher can paint as well.
• Remember when ever doing any cutting on chart for craft first prepare one sample on rough paper or chart to minimize the waste.
• Cut the circle for eyes using cutter.
• In end stick ice-cream stick and give to children as take away or teacher can use it as prop to tell story as well.
BANGLE AND DICE
• Bangles (6 different colour bangles),
• Bangles rod/small bottle (made out of foil paper roll )
• Dice out of carton box and Chart to wrap/make dice(preferable use red, blue, yellow, white, orange, green)
Time duration: Give at least 2 chance to each child Number of participant: 6 How to play:
6 player can play at a time. Have 6 different colour stack of bangles and the big dice made out of chart/or box, must have 6 different colour in each side and look like dice. Now when child roll dice count the number of dots on dice and check the colour. Child has to hang/keep bangles in bangle rod for same colour and number came in dice .
Which colour bangle is more that colour is winner. Now for the winner colour, child has to say 5 related object of that colour. For example:- red colour is winner(means more bangles of red) and child has to say 5 red colour object.
RADIANT RED DAY
‘Red’ colour symbolizes enthusiasm, life and vitality.
Red is the color of energy, passion, action, ambition and determination. The day start with the colour red every- where red dress, red rose, red teddy, red car, red apples, red cherries, here a red………. there a red….. red red everywhere ……..our little ones can spent a spectacular red day.
Children and all school staff should dressed in hues and tints of Red. Children has to bring Red objects to make it a complete “Red Day”! Bulletin boards can be display red craft work and with different red objects picture.
Special assembly can be conducted with emphasis on significance of red colour. The young ones sing Red Day song “Red are the apple high on the tree” from Sr KG”or ‘Apples are red… Roses are red…. I love red…red, red, red…’ and Sr. and Jr. KG children can talk about the red object they brought from home.
Teachers has to discuss the theme in circle time and linked it to all subjects. Reference picture for decoration is given.
MESS LESS MIXING BAG
• Red, blue and yellow Tempera Paints
• Clear plastic zip-lock lunch bags
• Sticky tape
• Place the bag on surface and fill with red, yellow and blue paint in different order as given in reference picture.
• Use sticky tape to seal the bag and secure it to your surface (secure bag properly so the paint don’t come out)
• Ask child to move finger on the paint and the paint will move as you squish it around.
• Once colour is mixed ask child the name of secondary colour in bag.
• The three primary colours, red, blue and yellow are the minimum number of colours that can be mixed to make the greatest number of other colours or secondary colours
WHO IS STRONG- “YOU OR RED BUILDING”?
• Art table
• White paper cup
• Red colour
• Brush/ sponge(to cloud cup)
• Guide child to colour cup in red (per child one cup), once the cup are dried call child one by one and ask them to build a building (place cups on table only).
• Tell them we are going to play a game “WHO IS SRTONG YOU OR RED BUILDING”.
• Give child straw( Big) and encourage them to blew the cup from straw. Every child gets 2 chance.
ANGRY “RED” CAB
• Red paper cup (coloured in previous activity)
• Red chart paper
• Googly eyes
Description: • Once the above game over next day teach child how we can reuse things.
• And give their red cup to them and ask them to make a crab by sticking
• crabs eyes and other part(teacher has to cut and keep all thing ready)
BOULDLESS BLUE DAY
•Blue is the color of trust and peace.
•It can suggest loyalty and integrity.
• Children and all school staff should dressed in hues and tints of Blue.
• Children has to bring “Blue” colored objects to make it a complete “Blue Day”!
• The classroom or an activity area can should be decorated in Blue
ROLL IT LIKE BLUE BALL
• Big Cereal box
• 3 toilet rolls
• Green yellow blue red paint
• Different colour small balls/pompom
• White A4 sheet
• Black marker
• Take big cereal box and cut into half diagonally only 1/4.
• Colour box and roll in green yellow blue and red colour (see referred picture)
• Cut A4 paper oval to and paste it as eye and use a black marker to make eyeball, eyebrow and smile.
• Make portion inbox.
• Paste coloured roll in box
• Ask the child to drop blue balls/pom in matching roll.
• If a child does any mistake ask him/her the name of the colour and give the right answer.
• 10+ empty egg carton boxes
• Blue, yellow, pink, white, green, black colour pom-pom
• Collect as at least empty 10 egg carton boxes and staple or stick them together.
• As this is my sky so teacher before hand only stick yellow(for sun) green(for grass) pompom .
• Pink, black white pompom to make a sheep.
• Now call child one by one and ask what they can see in this pompom creation.
• Now ask where is sky and which colour it will be.
• Ask child to put pom-pom to make sky
• Ice-cream stick
• Blue colour
• Blue colour glitter
• Satin ribbon
• Colour ice cream stick in blue.
• Each child has to colour 5 stick to make a star.
• Once the ice cream stick dried glue them to make star.
• Now each child has to put glitter to make it sparkling.
• In ready star glue and paste satin ribbon so the child can carry easily.
GRASSY GREEN DAY
•Green is the color of balance and growth.
• Children and all school staff should dress in hues and tints of Green.
• Children has to bring “Green” colored objects to make it a complete “Green Day”!
• The classroom or an activity area can should be decorated in Green.
REAL GREEN LEAF
• Big Green leaf
• Paper towel
• (When the green week start or 6 days before green day start preserving leaf.)
• Teacher will show real green leaf to children and tell them this will be same after few days also if you take care of it.
• Place one leaf between two sheets of paper towels, making sure none of the leaves overlap. Open a large book and place the sheets between its pages. Shut the book and lay it flat somewhere out of the way. Stack other books or stable heavy objects on top of it. Check once a week to see if the leaves are dry and change the paper towels if they feel damp.
• If the leaves are wet with rain, blot them dry first with paper towels. Use additional layers of paper towels if the leaves are especially wet or if you're worried about staining the book's pages.
• When drying multiple leaves in the same book, leave at least 1/8 inch (3 mm) of pages between each sheet of leaves to provide enough weight for each leaf.
• Choose leaves that are relatively flat, not curled.
• On green day celebration open book and show child the leaf. And send it as a take away.
MY LEAFY STAMP
• Water colours (especially green)
• Leaf (any type)
• White paper
Nature walk is best way to learn and remember green colour. Don’t forget about leaf around us. Let’s children go and explore outdoor and then ask their favorite leaf. Take few leaves from tree or you can use leaf which fall on ground and paint it green and then keep it on paper than press gently and remove leaf. Now the child has his/her own leaves stamp
MELLOW YELLOW DAY
Shades of yellow stimulates happiness, energy and optimism”
• Yellow is the color of the mind and the intellect. It is optimistic and cheerful.
• Yellow- the colour of wisdom and intellectual energy had a positive influence on our tender tots.”
• Children and all school staff should dressed in hues and tints of yellow.
• Children has to bring yellow objects to make it a complete “Yellow Day”!
• The classroom or an activity area can should be decorated in Yellow.
• The bulletin boards can be reverberated with quotes, appealing posters of minions, tweety, honey bees and sunflowers highlighting the essence of yellow colour. To make the children understand about the significance of yellow colour, various colorful activities including drawing, coloring, origami, paper craft etc. Can be conducted in a lively, vibrant and high spirited environment
MELLOW YELLOW: POM-POM
• Small Tweezers/tong
• Different colour Pom-pom
• Soft tread
• Take basket fill it with pom-pom and tie the soft tread like a spider web.
• Remember there should be enough of space so pom-pom can come out.
• Ask child to hold Tweezers/tong and take out only yellow pompom from basket.
• If he/she takes out wrong ask which colour is this
PEG THE SAME COLOR
• Wooden peg
• Shoe Box
• White paper
• Colour paper of different tints and hues of yellow
• Cover the shoebox by white paper.
• Teacher to paste a strip of yellow colour tints and hues on the shoe box and on wooden peg.
• Call the child to clip a peg on the same colour on box and ask (tell if the child doesn’t know) them the colour.
• The teacher can do this activity in the group as well.
PAPER CHICK (TAKE AWAY)
• • White chart
• Black Marker
• Origami paper of white, orange and red
• Yellow paint
• Ice cream stick
• Draw an oval for chick and half oval for eggshell and heart shape for wings.
• Cut them all and give children to the colour chick and wing yellow and eggshell of their choice.
• Cut eyes and beak and red cockscomb from origami paper of white, orange and red.
• Allow it to dry.
• Paste wings to the chick, and chick to egg
• Paste eye, beak, cockscomb
• As a last step paste this paper chick to ice-cream stick.
• Now chick with egg is ready to give child.
TAKE AWAY OF MONTH
Take away mentioned in celebration as mentioned earlier (red day crab, green day leaf, blue day star, yellow day chick puppet) and a tiger mask.
Nursery or flower shop is a best place to find out colours available in nature.
While going for trip explain children about different colour plants and flowers.
After field trip ask child to draw and colour what they saw during field trip.