Every individual is so obsessed with social media these days, then how can we ask our kids to back out!?
If we restrict them from using it, their curious minds would then make them do it in secret! Rather than that, let's be with them and train them how to use social media effectively and wisely!
There is nothing wrong in using social media these days! There is N number of ways in which it is helping us, educating us and giving us a different insight to certain things in life! But it’s on our part to teach our kids to not make it as an addiction and let them know that there is a wonderful, life beyond social media!
- So here are my few tips to handle our kid’s social media activities effectively:
- 1. I would advise to be with your kids since the very first stage of them using social media! Sit with them and help them in creating a social media account! To begin with start creating their email id and teach them what it is from beginning itself!
- 2. Set their passwords and make sure that either of you know about it. Check for privacy settings as well so that your kids won't fall into trouble later!
- 3. Teach them the pros and cons of using it at an early stage itself! Making them understand is the key! These days kids are super intelligent that they know everything before we do! But at the end of the day we are parents and they are kids.
- 4. Decide on what sites they can join, and make sure to let them know their limitations! Rather than imposing rules blindly, discuss the issues openly!
- 5. Follow them on all their social media accounts is the best option that we mommies have!
- 6. Keep the gadgets/ desktop in an open area so you can monitor their usage! When we are around they are more likely to use it effectively.
- 7.. Try incorporating security guards which are easily available in market these days! By doing so, access to irrelevant sites can be denied! So even if you are away, you can hope that nothing goes wrong with your kid.
- 8. If your kids are old enough then set up the limitations strictly! Give them a time slot wherein they can use their social media and after that they need to do their educational activities!
- 9. Let them know what your expectations from them are and tell them why they should fulfill it.
- Have your spices in moderation as it will give you heart burns if used more than required! But some spices such as cumin, hing, ajwain is going to help you with the digestion.
- 10. Lastly please doubt on them and keep checking their browsing history or their devices in their absence! Be open and do it in their presence! If you have doubts then talk to them directly about it!
Popular Posts of HiveParenting
Lastly, don't panic! They are just kids. Have family time at least once a day where every member of the family would sit without their gadgets and have real talk with each other!
Give them sometime; give them a chance to make mistakes but see to that it won't become a sin! Let them learn through their mistakes and lead a successful and bright life.
I'm Priya, a mommy blogger by passion who likes to pen down her experiences and share a very little about parenting that she knows to the rest of the world!
Being a mom of twin girls, I'm always in search for some tasty recipes, toddler activities and healthy lifestyle ideas. Motherhood for me is to relive my entire life in a new way having my girls by my side..
Share your Story
We encourage you to share your story on Hive parenting.com. .Writing on Hive parenting today, we are very excited to read your stories. Hiveparenting editorial team reviews each article and make necessary changes and publish it on the portal. Contributing articles to the HIVE PARENTING platform is a personal choice.